Best Mountain Climbing Experience for Beginners
Mountain climbing is a skill that takes years to practice and master. Sure, you can get a start in your local gym or rec center, but that’s not the same as climbing in the great outdoors. When you’re preparing to take this next big step in your mountaineering hobby, you want to set yourself up for the best experience possible.
The Royal Gorge Bridge Via Ferrata allows guests to hike and climb Royal Gorge Bridge and Park’s granite rock walls. Guests are provided a controlled mountain climbing experience with amazing views of the gorgeous Rocky Mountains around them.
The Via Ferrata’s guided climbing tours are perfect for beginners and seasoned mountaineers alike. Introduce your older children to the wonders of rock climbing while taking in the stunning sights.
The History of Via Ferrata
Via Ferrata is a climbing/hiking system that dates back all the way to WWI. This climbing system takes you up mountain terrains in a safe way. The Royal Gorge Bridge Via Ferrata attraction is considered one of the best in Colorado due to its unique vertical terrain. Our guided climbing tours allow you to experience this popular attraction as well as the magnificent landscape in a safe and controlled manner.
How It Works
The Via Ferrata features steel rungs embedded into the granite rock walls of the Gorge and allows climbers to experience the Royal Gorge in a new and exciting way.
Know you’re in good hands with our trained guides. Our Via Ferrata guides are not only certified in first aid and CPR, but they are also High Angle Rescue trained. Your expert tour guide will be with you with every step you take. They will provide you with a climbing kit — harness, lanyard, shoes, helmet, and a small backpack.
To be sure all of our climbers are comfortable, all Via Ferrata tours begin with a short training session to prepare them for the climb. This ensures everyone’s safety as they traverse one of the most beautiful places to climb in Colorado.
Why We Love the Royal Gorge Bridge Via Ferrata
- Guided climbing tours: The Via Ferrata attraction at Royal Gorge Bridge is a guided climbing tour offered by our trained professionals, making this a great introduction to mountain climbing for beginners.
- Safety: Our guided climbing tours allow you to experience the gorgeous Rocky Mountain landscape in a safe and controlled environment that requires no experience.
- Near other attractions: When you purchase one of our Via Ferrata guided climbing tours, you also get general admission to Royal Gorge Bridge and Park. From there, you can purchase admission to other attractions near Colorado Springs and see the best of Colorado.
- Flexible packages: We offer multiple climbing tours, and no two tours are alike. Each tour allows you to experience a different side of the Via Ferrata. Our Revelation Tour is a great choice for those that are new to climbing and our Royal Tour is geared toward those who are experienced climbers.
- Memorable Experiences: An experience unlike any other, featuring one-of-a-kind views from the south rim of the Royal Gorge. Take pictures, view amazing sights and enjoy an experience like no other for the entire family.
The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Via Ferrata is considered by many to be one of the best mountaineering attractions in Colorado and is great mountain climbing for beginners and proficient climbers alike.
The Via Ferrata is available for anyone ages 10 + up and can take anywhere from 2-3 hours or even 4-5 hours depending on the tour you choose. Packages can be viewed on our website, so be sure to check them out and plan your visit.
Reservations are highly recommended to ensure your group can experience the beauty of the Royal Gorge.